Domain Architect - IT Security
Title : Domain Architect(IT Security)
Salary : £60000 - £95000 + benefits (Dependent on Experience)
Role : Permanent
Location : London/Manchester/Leeds/Halifax/Edinburgh
Our client is UK’s largest Retail and Commercial bank and has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. As part of their commitment in putting their customers first they are continuing to invest in Cyber Security and Risk Programmes. As a result is this opportunity for a Domain Architect to join the team.
As Domain Architect you will be responsible for key contributions into the IT Security Architecture of systems that support a range of brands and business units. You will define the mid to long term enterprise security strategy in one or more security disciplines, protecting the IT estate from misuse or attack.
You'll be accountable for defining the conceptual architectural components and building blocks that will be used by the solution design team to construct compliant, secure and trustworthy IT systems. This is a role that matters requiring credible senior leadership qualities combined with deep and broad specialist skills in both security and technical domains.
Key Accountabilities & skills of Domain Architect(Cyber Security):
- To lead the development and communication to senior business stakeholders of scope and solution options to support the realisation of the business and customer proposition.
- To ensure that architecture decisions are compliant with regulatory requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS/SoX) and internal policies.
- To understand the risk of adopting a particular architecture approach or pattern and ensure that risk is managed in accordance with organisation risk appetite and relevant policies.
- Manage senior business stakeholders to secure strong engagement for strategies and roadmaps, and ensure that signature programmes align to longer term strategic roadmaps for the division and Group IT. Work as part of the programme management team on large programmes, governing and shaping the delivery of projects. Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
- Proven ability of achieving buy-in from senior business and technical leaders and driving adoption of strategic ideas to achieve agreed objectives.
- A comprehensive understanding of how controls protecting data, application and networks can be integrated into the system protection architecture.
- Good industry understanding of the regulatory and technology landscape that drive best practice security frameworks supporting IT strategies such as Mobility, Cloud and Virtualisation.
- Ability to establish and set strategic direction through reference model artefacts (e.g.. domain architectures).
- Ability to influence both business and technology architectures and advise on execution approaches.
- Act as a design authority for projects and regarded as a subject matter expert in their field/s.
- Ability to work at an abstract level and diagnose strategic business and technology issues and reflecting and communicating ambiguity in simple terms.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy our client’s total commitment to your ongoing personal and professional development. As a valued member of the team, you’ll be supported to grow and advance through excellent training and progression opportunities. Naturally, you’ll also have access to fantastic benefits. The bank’s award-winning flexible package gives you the option to choose from cash or a tailored selection of benefits.
The bank welcomes applications from a diverse group of candidates in support of their positive action campaign.
Our client’s key values include the following;
- The best they can be for their customers.
- Ensuring their risk is minimised.
- Ensuring that colleagues make a difference to the business together.
Therefore they are looking to employ individuals who demonstrate and support the highest standards of responsible behaviour. Our client values diversity and always appoint on merit with fully accessible locations.
If you meet the above criteria for the Technical Architect role please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV. You may not hear from us straight away. Due to the level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity.