Data Scientist - £45,000 plus bonus & benefits - London
A fast-growing online performance marketing company that are looking at growing their data science team by hiring a data scientist.
You will work directly with the head of data science, who is a leading figure within the data science community; the project in hand is a greenfield data science project. At present, they are using Qliksense to produce reports daily, you will be responsible for bringing analytics to these reports that provide real insight from the data. You will be exposed to all aspects of the data science life cycle, being part of a small team that will allow you to be gain experience in everything from reporting using visualisation all the way through to developing and deploying complex machine learning algorithms.
- A fast-growing online performance marketing organisation
- Salary up to £45k plus bonus and benefits
- Opportunity to be exposed to a greenfield data science project
- An industry leading training programme where you will be given selected modules (coding using R/Python, statistics, machine learning etc), to allow you to become a full fledge data scientist
- Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to understand and interpret data that drive the company forward.
- Learn and develop new techniques.
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, reporting structures and powerful algorithmic solutions.
- Design, execute, and analyse live experiments to test what you build.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and all marketing related organisations within the company.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances.
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases, and work effectively with relational database systems.
- Good working knowledge of QlikSense and ability to generate dashboards and reports
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous.
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions.