Offsite Engagement Officer x 2
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? Can you engage with people quickly and share your passion for our cause? We need enthusiastic, sales focussed, friendly people to be part of our off-site engagement team. As an Off-Site Engagement Officer, you’ll be an ambassador for everything we do at the National Trust, and you’ll share your excellent knowledge with members of the public, in a way that introduces us to new audiences, and engages with people who may not be aware of us and the benefits of being a member.
What it's like to work here
The National Trust Consultancy is the home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it’s proving to be a great repository of skills, talent and experience. The diversity and quality of expertise within the Consultancy will enable our properties and places to benefit from an extraordinary range of creative and innovative thinking, as well as deep expertise in all matters relating to our twin purpose of caring for the nation’s heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible to all.
Our London office, beautifully situated overlooking green spaces and just a short walk from Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace, is one of the National Trusts busiest offices. Covering 5 floors, each floor houses different teams, with one floor dedicated to the London & South East Consultancy team & London Creative team, though this will be your base, you will be spending time with all other teams too, and indeed have the opportunity to visit other hub offices across the region, too. The office provides working space for a wide variety of roles, and is supported by lots of meeting rooms, hot desks and can be supported by catering too. With the organisation spread out across the region, it ensures in the office no two days are the same - really no two days are the same.
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our care. Members and visitors are a significant part of what we do, and engaging with new audiences will help us achieve our targets to grow our membership each year.
Working alone, in community locations, such as farmers’ markets, town centres and country shows, as well as corporate Head Offices, you’ll be asked to confidently sell membership, talk to people about our thriving holiday cottage business, as well as volunteering opportunities and local events happening all year round. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries, talking about the amazing work we are doing, promoting local projects and our national strategy.
You will get full training on the National Trust's work as well as sales training and support from the regional team.
The salary for this role includes Inner London Weighting.
Please note, for this role you'll need to get to our off-site locations, so you’ll need a full valid UK driving licence.
Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing a service and selling the benefits of the National Trust. To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- Confidence in your own ability to manage your time, and able to use your initiative
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking