Technical Author/Technical Writer API, XML Agile
Technical Author/Technical Writer required by my amazing and fast global growing start-up client in Manchester.
As the clients first Technical Author you'll be required to lead from the front and become the documentation expert. You'll develop, implement and shape the authoring process, plan and tools, as well as creating the documentation including, but not limited to: API's, tutorials, technical guides, datasheets, user manuals, graphics and flow charts.
You'll be immersed in the world of the client's expert developers, support engineers and product managers and will working closely with them to deliver high quality technical and product documentation in an Agile environment. You'll need to be a self-starter and have strong knowledge of API's and XML as you will work independently on all tasks using your own initiative to lead the projects with minimal supervision.
- A bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- Prior technical writing experience in IT industry (2+ years)
- Previous experience of producing API documentation, tutorials and technical guides, to datasheets, user manuals, graphics and flow charts
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the business including Developers and Development Teams, SME's to Director level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to read and understand content written in XML (and ideally JSON, but this is not essential)
- Experience with graphics, with the ability to turn information into effective illustrations
- Experience using version control systems (like Github)
- Experience with creating instructional videos/media and knowledge of CX/UX
All candidates must be eligible to live and work within the UK without requiring sponsorship.