Do you have a passion for web based systems and have experience of SQL Server development? Love to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, then we want to hear from you….
By joining the team of Developers in Ipswich, you will be working on every stage of the development lifecycle to enhance and develop our Personal Line’s IT systems using industry best practices and standards. You should have good analytical skills, people organisational and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team or on your own.
What you will be doing
As the Developer to will be -
- Providing Quality Assurance & Support – Ensuring completed work meets required standards of quality, and develop working practices to achieve improvements in both productivity and quality.
- Design and develop ensuring strong functionality and optimisation.
- Communicating effectively with team members, development / delivery managers and internal / external customers.
- Personal Development of self and assisting others.
- Work with development / project/programme managers to produce a plan that enables the timely delivery of the various projects, small changes and bug fixes.
- Understand the business / delivery requirements and relate these to technical requirements.
- Submit design, code and unit tests for approval.
- Ensure all developments adhere to all quality and security standards. (Unit tests, owasp standards etc…).
- Conduct each phase of the software development lifecycle ensuring timely delivery of all activities across the projects
- Investigate and resolve problems
- Plan and undertake changes to software/hardware as agreed with the business
- Assess user requirements and formulate technical specifications that are cost effective and accurately meet the identified needs of the business
- Contribute to the implementation of new and modified systems
- To undertake relevant training and maintain competences in relation to Agile development.
- To undertake relevant training and maintain competences in relation to Payment Card Industry Security Standard Policies and comply with the specified requirements.
- To comply with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and to ensure that the fair treatment of customers is a key factor in your work
What we can offer you
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater.
Here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
• Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
• Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
• 35 hour working week
• 25 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
• Flexible working
• Interest free season ticket loan scheme
• Share Plan Scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme
• Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
To be part of the team you should have the following skills and experience –