Service Desk Engineer / Computer Support
Working in a team on the helpdesk, the role will involve phone and remote support based
The helpdesk is open 7 days a week including bank holidays 8 am till 10 pm, you will be required to work a shift pattern, which will be based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern 8am - 8pm or 10 am - 10pm.
The role is split into three areas.
Taking calls on the helpdesk via our ticketing system/email or phone and
working to complete tickets to resolution
Scheduling field engineers for site visits.
In addition to undertaking the duties as outlined above, you may be required to undertake other duties within
reason, that may be required.
This job description should be regarded only as a guideline to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way and may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post holder
* Proven experience in a first line IT Support Role.
* Ability to use remote support applications.
* Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to handle demanding customers with tact and diplomacy.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent phone manner.
* Basic understanding of networking technologies.
* A working knowledge of supporting IT hardware including printers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
* Experience of using Microsoft Active Directory User.
* Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
* First class written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with customers at all levels, with good listening and interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail, with the ability to use own initiative and work without direct supervision.
* Confident and professional manner in dealing with customers.