Senior Network Engineer
We are recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to join our Tech Ops team who are responsible for managing and maintaining a first class, effective, robust and secure networking and corporate computing service.
AQA is a leading provider of qualifications and support services for teachers and students. We are an education charity and aim to enable every student and teacher to realise their potential.
We have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ over 1,000 people and around 28,500 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering Cisco technical support at a senior level. An in-depth understanding of network security and IP telephony would be particularly advantageous.
Experience in the following areas is considered key to the role:
- Cisco ASA firewall based security infrastructure
- Enterprise scale LAN and Data Centre networking demonstrable to at least CCNP level (ideally of Cisco 6500, 2960 and Nexus platforms)
- Routing protocols and technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, policy based routing and redistribution
Experience in the following areas is highly advantageous
- Load balancers (F5 Big IP or Kemp Load Master in particular)
- Cisco ACS or ISE authentication servers
- Azure Networking technologies
- Cisco Ironport Web Security
- Intrusion prevention/detection
- VPN Secure access protocols (IPSec, SSL etc)
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers and access points
- F5 WAF
- Siemens Voice communication system to include Openscape and Xpressions
- RSA Authentication Manager
- Polycom video conferencing environments
What’s in it for you:-
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system for an organisation committed to our people, providing development opportunities to help you grow innovate and make a real difference.
At AQA we recognise the contribution our employees put in, and in return are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes -
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter as one document via our website, stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.