Senior Finance Business Partner
A permanent finance role business partnering across the organisation, based in Central Oxford.
Your new company
My client is a department of the University of Oxford which furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to provide finance business partnering support to the organisation's Global Operations, including Facilities, Distribution, Supply Chain, Procurement, H&S and to the Global Change Management Office.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage presentation of results for Global Operations, supporting measurement of performance and option evaluation.
- Provide Business Partnering support to Global Operations areas to enhance the understanding of financial performance and the use of financial data to support decision making. Identify cost efficiency options and known/ required investment areas.
- Manage the development of financial budgeting and forecasting processes to enhance financial control and support to strategy development, scenario planning and decision making processes. Partner with management to ensure that forecasts/budgets reflect strategic planning/ direction.
- Own the relationship with operating divisions for provision of Global Operations financial data eg. cost allocations/ budget assumptions on a pro-active basis.
- Enhance financial control. Provide and develop balance sheet review methodology to facilitate more effective working capital management.
- Lead a cross-territory team in provision of financial support to Global Operations
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of working with operations management in a commercial organisation
- Proven experience of improving financial performance of business areas and driving change, via working in partnership with management
- Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management at Executive Committee level
- Effective team manager, overseeing work of and developing junior resources
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.