Job Role: Solicitor
Department: Legal - Open Door
Location: Sale, M33 (Manchester)
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Reporting to the Group Commercial Director you will provide the following 4 primary services;
Director Of OpenDoor:
- To participate in board meetings to enable the board to reach decisions and make sure that the company's obligations are fulfilled.
- To provide appropriate and timely board updates and/or board reports.
Supervisory Of OpenDoor:
- Support the COLP and COFA in promoting a culture of regulatory compliance within the firm.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with any terms and conditions under which the firm is authorized by the SRA to provide legal services the prevailing SRA Handbook
- any other statutory or regulatory obligations with which the firm, its managers, employees or interest holders must comply in relation to the firm carrying out authorised activities as defined in the SRA Glossary
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the firm, its managers and employees comply with their obligations under the SRA AR 2011.
- Report all compliance failures to the COLP and COFA as soon as reasonably practicable to
- Follow all business policies and processes.
- Keep abreast of any industry changes that may affect the business.
- Complete structured supervisory checks to make sure the business is operating in line with agreed processes.
- Maintain you’re CPD, as appropriate, so that you can give accurate and timely advice to colleagues, as a supervisor and also clients.
- Supervising any litigation conducted by the law firm.
- Keep abreast of all legal and regulatory developments affecting the business.
Group Legal Counsel:
- Take instructions and provide legal advice to the group. Instructions will primarily be, but not limited to, reviewing and/or drafting commercial contracts
- review and give advice on all aspects of law
- identify associated risks and suggest measures to mitigate such risks
- identify when external legal support is required
- support the tendering process if external legal support is required
- manage the external provider as and when required
- identify and raise any areas of conflict with management
- Provide the above services in a professional and manner compliant with the SRA requirements.
- Maintain a central/master list of instructions received, instructions in progress and instructions completed.
- Manage and work any litigation on behalf of or in Defence of any of the group companies.
- Manage external legal counsel where instructed.
- Assist in Group projects and provide both legal and commercial input into the same.
- Knowledge of the legal market
- Ability to write and review complex commercial contracts
- Ability to be able to communicate at all levels in verbal & written format
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively through accurate planning, prioritisation and utilisation of own time and that of the team
- Have a proactive approach
- Willingness to be flexible dependent upon the demands of the business dynamics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be computer skills proficient, particularly on Microsoft office & legal software
The candidate must have at least 3 years PQE and previous management experience.
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free Hot & Cold Drinks
- Cashback Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Plus many more
The One Advice Group provides a range of legal and personal insolvency services for customers nationwide. The Group incorporates a number of brands including Harrington Brooks and OpenDoor.
As one of the UK’s leading debt solution providers, we currently help over 50,000 customers manage their debts through solutions such as Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs), Debt Management Plans (DMPs), Bankruptcy and alternative debt solutions.
It’s our vision to bring sustainable financial wellbeing within the reach of our customers and to achieve this by always doing the right thing for our stakeholders, acting in a transparent and responsible way. We commit to making this possible by creating a culture that values and supports our people so they can deliver exceptional service, support and advice to our customers.
More information about what we offer can be found on our website: