Salary: £20,420 per annum pro rata.*
* Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £15,600 per annum, a Market Rate Allowance of £500 and also incorporates shift enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of a typical rota
Contract Type: Full and Part-time
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Our staff members make a real difference. As a Support Worker you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home, and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support, promote independent living skills and help make clients’ hopes and aspirations a reality. Our staff support clients to go to the cinema, theatre trips, out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a day job?
We also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting support, some personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
You are professional and pro active in all that you do, encouraging and supportive of clients and colleagues alike. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are desirable and your values really count. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service!
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be willing to work alternate weekends and bank holidays
• Be able to work late and/or early shifts
• Be able to cover sleep-in shifts as required as part of a rota
• Be a good communicator, and work well as part of a team
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid mileage and travel time.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you’d relish we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don’t delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups.