Employment Advisor - Tamworth
JTL are looking to recruit a highly motivated full time Employment Advisor to assist unemployed customers to find sustainable employment. Experience in the Employment Related / Welfare to Work Sector is essential and you must have excellent customer facing and organisational skills and the ability to achieve targets. Employment Advisors support a range of customers to focus their job search, helping with job applications and CV writing and confidence at interviews. This work can be challenging but also an incredibly rewarding role. Our client is nationally based award winning apprenticeship /adult education training provider with an enviable reputation for providing quality learning interventions in both Government-funded training programmes and the commercial training sector. The company is a national organisation providing employment opportunities, skills development training and supporting people either into Employment, Education or Training. The company has presently been awarded a number of new contracts within Coventry, Warwickshire and Staffordshire areas, and ideally we are looking for people who can work within these areas dependant on business needs, and will be Tamworth based.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of achieving sustainable job outcomes
- Experience of working in the welfare to work industry and delivering to specified targets, quality standards and compliance measures.
- Experience of working with individuals who face disadvantages in relation to employment, inclusion and independence with varying and complex needs and barriers demonstrating active listening skills to quickly build rapport
- Experience of delivering training in group situations and providing one to one coaching and positively influencing the clients journey and employer relationships.
- Experience in using motivational, barrier removal and action planning techniques to manage the progression of clients into sustainable work opportunities.
- Strong track record in delivering job outcome success to disadvantaged groups of clients. • Good understanding of the local and national labour market and employment issues
- In depth understanding of the benefit system and conducting 'Better Off in Work’ calculations..
- Ability to identify individual client motivators to enable clients to take ownership of their goals and actions.
- Ability to problem solve and respond appropriately to a variety of situations.
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results and willing to travel with possible overnight stays.
- Good administration and organisational skills with good experience of using office systems.
- Solutions focussed with ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults. Essential;
- IAG Level 3 / AG Level 3 / Customer Service NVQ Level 3
- Experience of providing employment advice and guidance
- Experience of assisting people back to work
- IT skills: minimum Intermediate Excel and Word
- Target and Customer focused
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to identify issues and propose solutions and see through to resolution
- Motivated team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Project an honest, professional and positive image
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- PTLLS, A1 / TAQA Awards.
This role requires a Criminal Records Bureau disclosure at Enhanced level.