Our client is a leading service provider with operations worldwide providing a diverse product range to the market. The Company is seeking a Buyer to join their purchasing team on a 6 month maternity cover contract. You will be responsible for effectively managing suppliers and ensuring stock levels are efficiently managed and maintained.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer your main responsibilities will include:
- Management of a spend of approximately £6m through 80 UK and global suppliers and 1200 product lines
- Deliver cost reduction initiatives, delivering sustainable gross margin improvements through negotiation and resourcing of product through global sourcing
- Building and maintain strong supplier relationships to secure the best possible prices and lead times
- Managing the existing supply base as well as sourcing new suppliers
- Regularly reviewing inventories and purchase requests and identifying opportunities for improvement where possible
- Maximising stock availability and ensuring stock holding targets are achieved
- Manage key performance indicators including order placement and fulfilment, invoice query resolution, weighted service level and stock availability.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a natural flair for negotiation
- Strong IT literacy
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise work loads
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to refine their skills and gain experience in a successful International business.