Systems Engineer - Wintel/VMware
The systems engineer provides a high level of technical support to all IT infrastructure and core business applications based at a number of sites as well as infrastructure projects. The role will require you to design, implement, troubleshoot and maintain the group IT systems including windows server admin, virtualisation, performance tuning, backup and restore.
• Provide 3rd Line support Server support
• Standard duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
• Act as Technical resource within identified business projects
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation
• Create project plans, design, and implement solutions and Infrastructure Projects
• Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration • Identify and escalate improvements
• Investigate emerging technologies
• At least 3 years in a similar role
• Strong 3rd Line experience
• Good communication
• Experience working with Windows 2003-2012, VMware, Storage solutions
• Educated to A- level or equivalent
• Vendor certification in one the following Microsoft MCP / MCSA / MCSEVmware VCP / VCAP / VCPX
• Operated in an environment where Change Management is strictly adhered to
• Strong Knowledge of all variants of Windows Operating Systems (2000-2012)
• Management and Support of windows server roles (Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Clustering/IIS)
• VMware VSphere
• Exchange Server / Office 365
• Citrix & Windows Remote Desktop Services
• Server Hardware Builds & Physical Device Installations (HP / IBM /Dell )
• Enterprise backup software (HP Data Protector/Net Backup/EMC Networker)
This role will expect you to participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.