Junior & Senior Systems Developer
Junior & Senior Systems Interface Developer
Title: Systems Interface Developer
Location: Padstow, Cornwall
Salary: £20k - £40k Per Annum
Padstow, Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country, and now a multi-award winning business requires a Systems Interface Developer to join their highly successful team. Our client has found industry fame in the manufacture of high quality books, and has helped to strengthen publisher and brand reputations year on year, through the delivery of superior products for their diverse set of clients.
With a focus on paperback and hardback books across digital toner, inkjet and litho printing technologies; this group produces in the region of 7 million books a year. Quite the number! Having won multiple awards for their services, this is an outstanding opportunity for any ambitious Interface Developer looking to write a new chapter in their career. With a decent starting salary, glorious benefits and the ongoing support from a talented team - this one is a real 'page turner’.
• Improve the existing knowledge of workflow and systems through end user interaction.
• Raise and guide improvements based on a good grasp of company processes and flow.
• Interact with all levels of the business - from end user to company Director.
• Liaise with customer and customer interfaces such as third party distributors.
• Stay in tune with modern developments in application, interfaces and technology.
• Develop existing applications for the better.
• Improve applications and systems through quality interaction within the development team.
• Issue technical and business support to varying areas of the company.
• Compliance to established code repository requirements.
• Help to develop and establish other department member’s capabilities.
• Absorb and reflect the company’s values and behaviours at all times.
• Assist the IT Manager and IT team on additional projects/tasks.
• Collate, monitor and report every quarter, on Project Development progress, future direction and resourcing requirements.
• Experience of evolving best practice within development environments.
• Demonstrable knowledge of deployment techniques.
• Confident voice in a collaborative team setting.
• Comfortable with analysing and reacting to management information.
• Understanding priorities, managing time, achieving targets and developing plans for specific work activities.
Essential Technical Skills
• IIS and related HTTP(S) oriented tech.
• Visual Language.
• Understanding of SOAP and its application within a business environment.
• Experience of working in a print orientated manufacturing environment.
• An understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Familiarity of working in a variety of project management situations.
• Existing knowledge of MIS/ERP and WMS type environments.
Desirable Technical Skills
• Print orientated protocols such as JDF and JMF.
• EDIFACT / JSON.
• Microsoft Azure and Hybrid style connectivity.
• Windows Powershell scripting.
If you feel like you could become a best seller in this business, then go ahead and apply today! Alternatively, to learn more about this role, please contact our specialist IT consultant, Neil Roberts