Senior Demand Planner - Wholesale/Footwear
Our client, a leading retail distributor, is looking for a Senior Demand Planner to join them on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, starting ASAP.
The Senior Demand Planner is responsible for the complete life cycle of a select retail range, from the initiation of the season, product classification with colleagues, deciding the quantity to buy and negotiating delivery dates with the manufacturers to communicating delivery performance to the sales team.
With previous experience within Demand Planning or Merchandising, you will possess excellent analytical skills, computer literacy including strong knowledge of Excel and SAP (ideally), the ability to communicate at all levels and good time management skills.
You will be a competent team player with some mentoring/leadership skills and an enthusiastic and organised nature.
Key duties and responsibilities in this Senior Demand Planner role include:
- Analysis of European inventory requirements, proposing buy quantities and placing Purchase Orders
- Raising Purchase Orders into SAP system
- Reconciliation of orders, sales forecasts and inventory against factory capacity and propose actions, whilst maintaining stock turns and SKU productivity targets
- Work with the Demand Planning Manager on the creation and management of the Business Plan and OTB plan
- Review and report on lead times and factory performance and liaise daily with factory reps in the Far East and Sourcing Team in USA
- Identify, resolve and communicate any production/shipping/sourcing issues
- Prepare and distribute Merchandising analysis (internally) - weekly newsletter/clearance reports/sales packs
- Work with Customer Service and Warehousing to track key accounts and expedite shipments
- Production and distribution of various reports
- Mentor and manage Demand Planning Assistant
Plus much more!
Key skills and experience required for this role:
- Previous experience within Demand Planning or Merchandising (min. 2 years)
- Experience within fashion, footwear or wholesale sectors would be ideal
- Excellent analytical skills
- PC literate
- Strong Excel knowledge (V-look up and Pivot tables)
- SAP knowledge is preferable (training will be given)
- Access knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels of the organisation and across different geographies
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, hard working and professional
- Team player ideally with mentoring skills
- Availability for a 12 month FTC
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d like to hear from you ASAP! Please submit your CV in Word format