A recognised 3rd Level Qualification in a relevant technical, accounting or mathematical based disciplineCompany Profile
With 30 years of experience of developing innovative and cost-effective software, Capita IB Solutions are a foremost supplier of e-business solutions to the Public and Private sectors.
Capita IBS have offices in Dublin, Letchworth, and Belfast with over 230 full time employees. We can provide onsite installation of our products or we can offer Software as a Service (SaaS).
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Capita Group, a FTSE100 publicly quoted company on the London Stock Exchange. Capita operate primarily in the UK and Ireland, employ in excess of 68,000 staff and last year turned over GBP £4.5 billion.Job Description
The candidate will join the Group Development department in Capita iB Solutions. Group Development's core function is the maintenance and development of the Integra product. Integra is a financial software package that consists of a large number of financial ledgers, tools and peripherals which are used by a large client base in Ireland, the UK and Australia.
Our applications are written using an existing framework. The framework is written exclusively in Java but a little knowledge of VB might be beneficial.
The role of Software Tester covers the quality assurance and acceptance testing of the Integra product before it is released to clients.
On-the-job training will be provided on the product functionality. In time, it is hoped that the candidate will progress to senior level and would, in turn, be responsible for one or more juniors in a team.
The candidate must show a willing and able to learn and become familiar with automated testing as we pursue our automation strategy
- Preparing test work plans
- Testing new releases of software including technical installation and configuration
- Dealing with software developers to ensure timely fixes and retests
- Completion of test plans and reporting of results
- Writing and updating test packs
- Using automated test tools where relevant
- Work closely with other Company personnel and functions, primarily development staff
- Take responsibility for your work plans and time management to complete tasks in the required time-scale.
- Agree work plans and report on actual progress to your manager.
- Be willing to take "ownership" and become a centre of excellence and reference to the rest of the Company in regard to product knowledge and quality of output.
- The Company is ISO9001 accredited. Staff are expected to understand their responsibilities and take a proactive approach to the continuous improvement of business processes involved.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, or other database
- Knowledge of accounting principles an advantage
- Experience in bug tracking software like Jira
- Experience in test case management tools such as Zephyr
- Experience of automated tools a distinct advantage
Strong aptitude and interest in QA in general
Be keen to learn and unafraid to ask questions
Able to communicate effectively and capable of working in a team
Be self-motivated and able to work without supervision when necessary
Have a desire to produce high-quality work
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.