Senior Healthcare Assistant - Nights
Talento Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment consultancies in the UK. We are suppliers of permanent candidates into the Nursing, Health & Social Care sectors as well as HR sectors.
Our client is looking to recruit a senior healthcare assistant to work nights in a nursing and residential care home for the elderly, situated in Ormskirk.
As Senior Care Assistant you will:
- Assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the shift.
- You will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion.
- Develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately.
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Salary for this role is £15,444 - £20,592 which equates to £8.25 per hour based on 36 - 48 hour contract.
Please call Leanne Irving for more information about this role or apply online.