IT Support Engineer
A great opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing Education IT Solutions Providers in the South of the UK, and to join growing team of over 90 IT support staff. Class Technology Solutions is looking for an IT Support Engineer for a client site in the Oxford area.
Class Technology strives to be the educational solutions partner of choice and to disseminate best practice by providing open and transparent 'ICT models' that can be easily implemented and adopted throughout the education system. Our aim is simple - to develop ICT in Education and enable its use to enhance the learning outcomes of every child, and young person in the country.
We are a passionate forward thinking company that believes strongly in investing in the future of schooling and education. Our future depends on continuously creating tools and supporting schools in innovative ways in challenging and developing technological environments that support teaching and learning outcomes in schools.
The IT Support Technician will involve administration and troubleshooting within a predominantly Microsoft environment
As the IT Support Technician you will be working under the stewardship of our experienced IT Support Manager, working on helpdesk calls onsite and remotely, so hands on experience is also required.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Resolving 1st-2nd line support calls
- Supporting and maintaining the IS infrastructure to ensure maximum service ability
- Ensuring the IT Support Manager, senior engineer and CTS helpdesk are aware of any issues that need to be raised and escalated - we are looking for someone who can do, but someone who equally is prepared to escalate.
- You will be the interface between the client and us - you are the "face" of CTS within the school.
- Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
- We expect experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment
- Microsoft Server Skills
- Group Policies
- Exchange and Office 2013/365 skills are desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential
- Must have a clean and valid DBS disclosure
- You must also be Microsoft qualified such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ MCTS or hold other industry recognised qualifications
- Media or Music experience desirable.
Access to highly qualified senior engineers who are all Microsoft trained thus affording exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it.
Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
Working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.
The successful candidate should have a good standard of education and sufficient relevant experience. Prior experience in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.