Senior Quality Assurance Tester
Our client is looking for an IT Senior Quality Assurance Tester to join their expanding insurance firm. This is a modern forward thinking and vibrant company to work for, who promote an excellent work life balance, offering talented and driven people real career opportunities.
Your role is to support the delivery of quality software systems under the direction of the IT QA Manager who will allocate activities and projects/QA test personnel. This position does not have line management responsibilities.
Carrying out test tasks outlined in the test strategy and using existing experience to ensure systems are robust, usable and developed in line with the user and business requirements. Develops and implements test plans for complex applications throughout the full lifecycle of the software. Writes and maintains automated tests and supporting frameworks including test data. Develops quality assurance standards.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- To advise IT team and business users on testing best practise
- To develop and maintain automated testing frameworks using Selenium
- To defines, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments under the support of the QA Manager
- To work with QA Manager to drive software delivery best practices and process improvements throughout the department
- To be responsible for the overall success of testing on assigned projects throughout the development lifecycle including UAT
- Working directly with appropriate personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Defining scope and objectives, deliverables of all levels of QA testing.
- Focusing on deadlines and deliverables utilising allocated resources
- Creating effective manual and automated test plans
- Ensuring that all items follow the change management process
- Working with the team to evaluate software requirements to create comprehensive test plans, time estimates, resource and procedures for all product releases
- Overseeing/ensuring the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug reporting on allocated projects
- Participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, nonfunctional, regression, performance and system testing.
- Providing management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
- Working collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results.
- Recording and reporting on testing metrics. Tracks and reports defects using appropriate tools such as Jira
- Obtaining final sign off for code releases to production from the appropriate Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring the suitability of test environments and test data, making recommendations where appropriate
- Effectively identifying defects, reporting and management
Experience / Skills
- An ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in software testing, or Quality Assurance and Software Testing Certification,
- Commercial testing experience
- Effective estimation, planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience with use of automated testing tools and methods (Selenium experience required, Java preferred)
- Support and contribute to the implementation of QA methodologies and test strategies
- Exceptional abilities designing/implementing test strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in leading, developing and testing entire systems, with capability to understand details of the technology.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to support the training of development of other members of the test and other teams as required
- Experienced user of SQL
- To be able to work independently
- To think abstract and to not conform to the norm
- Can challenge constructively
Salary is up to £40k