Senior Specialist Occupational Therapist
A leading care provider is seeking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to join the company covering their Residential Home providing rehabilitation, care and support for people with mental health and challenging behavior.
The company itself is a large established care provider of specialist transitional services in mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities. The sites take hospital referrals and introduces the patients back into a community setting - we look to have patients with us for around 6-18months before they can move on to supported living.
The role will provide leadership, supervision and professional consultation, guidance and advice to a designated specialist Occupational Therapy team. You will be the join the team in providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centred approach working within the MDT to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
The main duties include:
- To represent OT as a specialist practitioner within mental health, providing clear, evidence based knowledge and information.
- To manage a caseload of clients with complex health and social needs, using evidence based principles to plan and implement effective assessments, interventions and treatment programmes.
- To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
- To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
- To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development.
Key skills required include:
- You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist.
- Ideally experience of working in a mental health and challenging behaviours
- Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
- Some knowledge of Sensory Integration would be beneficial however, this can be supported if required
- A proven track record of in staff supervision & team management.
Salary - £26k- 35k
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your updated CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."