IT Project Manager
Project Manager (Gaming)
£60k + Package
Global gaming client is now looking to expand there Projects and Product development teams covering the UK and European markets.
They are now seeking a Project Manager to join their team.Reporting to the Director, you will work with members of the account, product, development, test and operations teams to deliver overall solutions on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable ability to manage software projects in a product development environment. The role is based in London, but will involve occasional travel to our other offices in the UK and Europe as well as potentially visiting customers in other countries.
- Own and manage projects from initiation to completion: from initial scoping, development of technical specifications and detailed project plans, through the development lifecycle to integration and release to the customer according to defined Project Management processes.
- Work with Technical Architects, Development Managers, Test Managers, Operations and IT to ensure the projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Content Project Managers regarding the delivery of games.
- Monitor and report project progress and the use of resources against agreed milestones, delivery dates and budgets.
- Manage project change.
- Produce and maintain project related documentation and maintain the project documentation library.
- Support the identification, recording and monitoring of Risks and Issues.
- Follow the company's project standards, including adherence to the Gate process, and contribute to the continuous improvement of project processes and documentation.
- Proactive, highly motivated and disciplined, able to demonstrate personal ownership.
- Experience as a project manager in a software development environment.
- Must have exposure to professional project management methodologies, but formal qualifications are not a prerequisite.
- Experience in software development methods, processes and best practice, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technical background with capability to understand technical concepts.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project. Experience using Atlassian tools Confluence and JIRA would be desirable.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively with people having either technical or non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively across organisational boundaries and in a multi-site environment.