Solution Architect- London
Recruiting for aSolutions Architect to join a large Insurance company based in London (with some travel depending on projects supported).
This is a permanent position offering up to £60k depending on experience, with a great benefits package and bonus.
The Solutions Architect will lead the development of architecture for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed within the CTO team and the broader IT function.
Responsible for ensuring solutions delivered as part of projects they are allocated to are in line with the IT strategy and target architecture roadmap as defined by the CTO team.
The role will co-ordinate design activities and work with fellow Solutions Architects as well as IT/Business Change colleagues to promote the discipline and ensure consistency across all solutions delivered.
On a project the Solutions Architect will take responsibility for understanding requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and resolving design issues. As part of this they will identify, evaluate and recommend options.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Deep understanding solution architecture standards and principles.
- Good understanding of solutions available in the market for general business systems and Lloyds/Commercial Insurance specific systems.
- Experience of solutions design via third parties- especially those including offshore.
- Good understanding of outsource vendor governance and management practices.
- Experience with Software as a Service, Platform as a Service solutions and solution components.
- Demonstrated understanding of the full IT development lifecycle, including service design aspects to allow for appropriate management of live services.
- Exposure to TOGAF/Zachmans or similar methods an advantage.
- Project management experience an advantage to help in liaison with Project Managers to support the technical/IT elements of the overall delivery plan.
If you would like to apply, or know someone who may be a good match, please submit your CV.
Hancock and Parsons Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Hancock and Parsons Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.