Finance Manager/ Financial Controller
The environment is busy with interesting challenges. There is a real need for somebody who is hands-on and who enjoys getting into the detail.
The purpose of the role is to hold full responsibility for all areas of finance within the business. This includes cash and credit control functions, management accounting and financial reporting, and payroll department.
There is a high technical element to the role, requiring advanced Excel and report writing.
As the Financial Controller/ Finance Manager, main responsiblities will include:
- Manage and motivate the Finance Team, which consists of the following direct reports:
- Support staff with day to day queries and with change management, to ensure that operational and financial deadlines are met
- Liaise with HMRC on a variety of topics
- Set up process and systems for financial and operational reporting and/or improve current method, with an understanding of software capabilities, business requirements and legislative constraints
- Reviewing monthly management accounts (including consolidation), prepared by the team, and presentation to the Board and senior management team
- Responsibility for general ledgers and reconciliations for the Group, as well as controlling debtors and creditors
- Working on projects and/or new products, providing appropriate financial advice and decision support
- Ensuring all finance transactions and processes are compliant in relation to best practise and legislation. Liaise with HMRC as and when required.
- Manage the cash flow for the business and inter-group payment
- This role is the technical accounting expert for all aspects of the business and product (e.g. VAT, expense policy and dispensation, overseas workers, finance software)
- Liaise with external customers, suppliers and partners as required (e.g. auditors, HMRC, bank, professional advisors, pension providers)
- Responsibility for all aspects of annual audit of financial statements and any HMRC enquiries
- Support senior staff, provide input into processes and client workflow and ensure compliance
This role has real challenges that can lead to rapid progression in a friendly environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 /year
- Finance Management: 5 years
- Advanced Excel: 5 years