Salary: £30,000 per annum + commission
Our Client is an award-winning, national online business support platform. Their vision is to provide inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting and growing their own business. The concept was launched two years ago and is growing rapidly. Based in Stevenage they are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated Sales Executive who can represent their business and sell their products to new and existing clients.
What makes working for us a unique and exciting opportunity?
This is a fast-paced start-up inside a trusted brand and you will play a pivotal role in our success.
Successful candidates must thrive in an open environment, be risk takers not order takers, creators not followers but also a strong team player.
Candidates need to be curious and constant learners.
Candidates need to blend the skills of generating positive leads as well as being able to close deals efficiently.
We are a small but dedicated and focussed team, we all win together. We are building an environment that focuses on what is important not who is important.
This hands on role includes looking at all routes to market and helping to identify new ways and means to promote and sell the product. The role involves the candidate creating and, more importantly, closing opportunities.
The successful candidate also needs to be both a team player and work autonomously, as and when required. They must be able to report their activity and pipeline deals daily, as well as ensure a smooth procedure to close leads in a timely manner.
Candidates will be required to work with the various procurement and supplier procedures our prospective clients undertake and be able to produce sales collateral, proposals and relevant documentation to close deals.
Candidates will need to be enthusiastic and passionate with demonstrable and evidenced success in sales and customer service. Self-motivated and disciplined, you will need to be an excellent communicator and confident in dealing with people of all levels.
You will be focused on sales targets and delivery of deals. You will show initiative and have the ability to seek new opportunities and have an understanding of the different routes to market. You will need to be a real people person as you will have responsibility for nurturing after sales care and customer relationships.
Essential skills and experience
- A solid sales background with a minimum of 5 years sales experience
- Strong customer service skills and ability to nurture 'after sales’ client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are fundamental
- Proven results in articulating company value propositions and solution discussions with customers that have led to multiple wins or success for the company
- Strong qualifying in/out sales leads experience
- Exhibits little or no need to engage technical resources when qualifying an opportunity or recommending a solution to fit a customer's needs.
- Consistently demonstrates proactive activities within accounts to uncover new business and take ownership for new opportunities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales targets
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new and / or maintaining existing business.
- Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes in deals.
- Advocates for client needs, requirements, in proposing solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to leverage existing relationships and builds new relationships within key verticals.
- Adept at advanced sales negotiations and positioning solution value under pricing pressures from customer and procurement professionals
- Moderate to high level of industry acumen; awareness of current trends and ability to participate in client planning discussions
- Advanced sales negotiation and deal closing skills
- Demonstration of ability to present value solutions to customers
Hours and Salary
Based in Stevenage, the role will require you to work 35 hours per week.
This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits including: private healthcare (based on length of service) pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
All applicants must have full eligibility to work in the UK and a driving licence.
Candidates are asked to submit:
- A covering letter in support of your application expressing your interest and why you think you would be suitable for this role of Sales Executive
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 7 June 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 12 June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.