6 Months FTC
Weekly travel to London
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK’s largest financial services organisation.
You will be responsible for the leading of the testing of a project. Progressing resource in the management of testing execution. It is an important role accountable for the protecting and minimising the risk to both the customers and the Operational areas following the deployment to live, whilst supporting the IT and the business change process. Liaising with IT Change Management, LCO to prove the Software as fit for live.
The role is complex and diverse and requires both an in-depth technical knowledge and the ability to identify and manage risks levels combined with a high level of people management skills.
- Ability to manage direct reports to deliver challenging objectives against constant changing delivery timelines across sites at both BAU and project level.
- A core part of the role is Interpretation and analysing information and technical functional build documentation including process analysis reports to support the delivery of the business objectives. Challenging and questioning to gain a full understanding of the software delivery against the user requirements for Live and User Acceptance testing.
- Review and development of an in depth technical understanding of new functionality / applications for the current As Is and To Be operational models for the production of Test Plans.
- Forecasting and planning for the utilisation of the area for the allocation of resource and setting of priorities against a number of both conflicting and moving deliveries.
- Analyse and identify Live & User Acceptance Testing, Data requirements for the delivery of the testing for the Team.
- Responsible for Identification of GAPS in testing at functionality and application level managing any escalating risks and understanding recommendations of any testing workarounds.
- Development of subordinates in gaining expertise in BAU and new applications for the delivery of testing and support of script production for User Acceptance Testing & Live Testing.
- Work independently to fluid objectives and forever changing and challenging delivery dates.
Further Skills and Experience Required:
- High level understanding of the Technical applications and functionality with a firm understanding of Corporate and Global Operations.
- Experienced in using the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) testing tool.
- High Level of Knowledge of Platform operational systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (required)
- Ability to manage under pressure (multiple releases / short timescales).
- Ability to structure and analyse issues and suggest solutions to line management.
- Great Level of Flexibility as testing requirements will often involve early morning / late evening testing during the week and weekends, where on-site / off-site support is required to support the testers and liaise with IT to escalate and progress any issues identified.
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.