Linux Technical Specialist
AXA is the world’s number 1 insurance brand, with over 160,000 employees and 102 million customers worldwide. AXA Technology Services is a fully owned AXA Group subsidiary whose objective is to provide AXA Group companies with high-quality and innovative IT and telecommunications infrastructure management services.
We apply our expertise and energy to improve operational effectiveness and help AXA people to get the most out of their IT infrastructure. We are committed to providing quality of service, price competitiveness, customer centricity and expertise and professionalism.
Technology moves forward at an incredible pace. That’s why we look for people who can adapt to changing needs. People who can be proactive and pragmatic. People who will help to make sure that, as a business, we’re ready for tomorrow. And most importantly of all, that we’re ready to make the most of the opportunities tomorrow will bring.
We have a vacancy for a Linux Tech Specialist to join us in Bristol on an initial 18 month fixed term basis.
As our Linux Technical Specialist with broad experience in the Linux server domain, you will be highly committed on delivering compute infrastructure services requested by internal and external customers in an end to end responsibility. Directly reporting to the lead of the Distributed Provisioning & Operations Team lead you will actively add transparency to the delivery and make sure the services are delivered in an On Time, On Budget and On Specification (OTOBOS) manner. You will play a key role in maintaining the perception of the Server Provisioning and Operations area as a lean and successful organisation.
As part of our Provisioning and Operations Team you will be familiar with all key technologies delivered by us and know the dependencies between them. Your focus will be the Linux Provisioning and Operations area. You are willing and able to keep your knowledge broader on multiple technologies than highly specialized on a single technology and share it with other members of the team. Your technical expertise and service oriented mind-set enables the teams to better leverage its capability to cope with state of the art ways for service delivery.
For a full breakdown of the role accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Experience in a large distributed environment, with good understanding in one or more of the following; VMware Hypervisor, Linux Operating Systems, Automation tools such as BMC
- Knowledge and understanding of most of the following:
- Clustering configurations
- Disaster Recovery concepts
- TCP/IP Networking
- Patch Management processes
- Service orientation ( the pleasure to deliver OTOBOS)
- Communication skills: Translate technical terms into customer language
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of DC Network and Network Security technologies
- Good level of knowledge about all technologies deployed in an enterprise grade datacentre.Very good network in the organization or the ability to build one
- Ability and interest to work in a cultural challenging environment (Europe, India)
- The will to refrain from on hand-technical focus into a service orientation regardless of techniques deployed (no technical preferences)
- Proven experience in understanding and utilising new technology in this environment and in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to pass on relevant knowledge to others.
- Proven experience in implementing Network project requirements, ensuring business readiness and providing business as usual support in a complex multi-tenanted Data Centre environment
- Formal vendor-approved accreditations in relevant subjects are advantageous.
- Key behavioural skills include:
- Communication (written and oral)
- Analytical / problem solving
- Planning & organising
- Action orientation
- Teamworking / knowledge sharing
What will you get from this role?