Hotline/IT System & Solutions Specialist - Healthcare
My client’s products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
Based in house as an IT System & Solutions Specialist you will provide a technical support across UK and Ireland and you will be the first point of contact of our customer. The role lends itself to a lot of travel too. You will be will be part of the UK Customer Service.
Your primary function will be to contribute to the development of customer satisfaction and loyalty and provide the customer with a level of service and trust developing the company's image and developing the sales in partnership with the sales teams, as well as a profitable customer service.
The ideal candidate will be able to take in charge and ensure the processing of incoming customer contacts (phone, email ...) for questions or technical claims, taking into account corporate guidelines and local regulations.
The IT System & Solutions Specialist is responsible for first line troubleshooting and applications support of all systems and their connection with other systems as agreed with customers in UK. The scope of connected equipment will include all instruments and software within the portfolio. They also manage interfaces between instruments/devices and MYLA, and between MYLA and LIS(s).
The main accountabilities will be:
- Consult with clients on system, software, and hardware troubleshooting. Recording notifications on SAP and escalating service orders where on-site support from field IT is required.
- Manage client & other vendor’s communication regarding connectivity.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain hardware and software remotely including the MYLA interfaces
- Liaise with LIMS providers and work with vendor and customer IT personnel to establish interface and network connections between the company’s systems and LIMS systems
- Provide customer training to enable client self-sufficiency and participate in training for in house personnel as required.
- Provide high level technical support related to the company’s system.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Sciences.
- Expertise on Laboratory/Hospital Workflow (sample / information), information management software, LIS/HIS connection, network, IT security.
- Experience and knowledge of laboratory workflow would be an asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer oriented.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of networks, RS232 interfaces, connectivity systems, hardware & software (server, operating systems, Windows 2008 server, VMWare or other virtualization SW), database management (SQL, Setting), knowledge in interfacing via Serial (RS-232) and communication (FTP, healthcare messaging protocols (BCI, ASTM and HL7).
- Ability to travel to client sites as required with significant potential for travel to provide support to subsidiaries in Benelux and Nordics on request.
Contact: Michelle Singleton at AES for more details and or send your CV stating why you should be selected for this role quoting ref: MS 913398
This vacancy is being advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd. The services advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Whilst we make every effort to reply to all applications within a week, if you have not received a reply within 14 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.