Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
£50k to £60k + benefits
My client a well known retail company is seeking a Test Engineer with good Automation experience to join their team. You will have at least 5 years experience in software testing and good exposure and experience using Automation tools.
- Review business/design documentation to ensure that requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Works as an embedded tester in the context of a scrum team, evaluating complexity of user stories, contributing to estimates during sprint planning, developing tests and ensuring test execution is appropriately conducted by cross-functional scrum team members.
- Collaborates with other project scrum teams for integration/regression tests, designing end to end test scenarios and executing regression and performance tests.
- Collaborate with developers to evaluate and improve processes to enhance software quality.
- Identify and inform the team of any impediments or risks to product quality or project delivery.
- Automates tests where cost-effective to ensure software delivered is fit for purpose and meets business needs.
- Ensures defects are documented in sufficient detail to be reproducible.
- Manages defects found and works with stakeholders (Business, IT) to analyse, prioritise and resolve them.
- Provides metrics on quality and progress.
- Proactively shares knowledge and information with others.
- Assist and supports business users during user acceptance testing.
- Ensures all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards.
- Avoids engaging in any activity that hinders progress.
- Extensive experience of SQL/PL-SQL and tools such as TOAD/SQL Developer
- Knowledge of Test Data provisioning and management
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, OAT etc)
- Experience of Risk analysis and Risk Based Regression Testing
- In depth knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing and Session based testing
- Experience of testing complex enterprise applications, web applications and Databases
- Strong experience of test automation and automation tools (Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience in SOAP/REST API testing
- Experience in JSON/XML validations
- Knowledgeable in Service Oriented/Micro-Services architecture
- Experience in TDD/BDD methodologies
- Good knowledge of source versioning
- Oracle PL/SQL, Database testing
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
- Scripting (Shell/Python/Groovy)
- Automated Test Tools like Code Tester for Oracle, utPLSQL or similar
- Performance Test Tools such as Load Runner, JMeter
- Automated Unit Test Tools such as JUnit, DBUnit etc
- Big Data, Datawarehouse/BI testing
- PL/SQL Development experience
- Build and CI Tools like Jenkins, Circle CI or similar
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Digital Ocean or similar
- Cloud testing solutions like Browserstack, SauceLabs or TestingBot
- Event/Message based enterprise integration patterns