Project Accountant - Midland Metro Alliance
Contract: Permanent - Full time
Salary: £40,030 to £45,057
The Midland Metro Alliance is a team of planning, design and construction specialists responsible for building a number of new tram extensions over the coming decade on behalf of the West Midlands Combined Authority. The exciting extensions will help deliver a lasting legacy, aiding social and economic regeneration across the region.
As the Project Accountant you will be responsible for the day to day financial management in accordance with the PAA, policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that projects are controlled and managed to deliver the agreed target cost and cash projections, whilst mitigating business risk and undue commercial exposure.
The main responsibilities of the role
• Reporting to the MMA Commercial Accountant you will be responsible for the recording and management of cost, variances, change. Verification of applications for payment and ensuring payments are made in a timely manner as well as supporting our operations management in operational cost control on all our activities.
• Provide financial support on Owner’s Brief, Project Proposals, Owners reports to funders. Support the production of robust cash flow information to the Owners Team to ensure cash available to meet obligations.
• CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified accountant
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Management and organisational skills
• Efficient presentation and communication skills
• The capacity to be influential and amenable
• Professionalism and cordiality
Respect - The ability to respond politely and positively to a variety of situations and people in order to meet changing priorities in the role. Arrive at meetings to start at the start time and provide meeting agendas and adhere to agenda timings, wherever possible speak to colleagues face to face.
Safe & Sustainable - The underlying drive to ensure that we all support our Safety and Sustainability policies within the working environment, this includes contributing to the Alliance objectives for a safe and sustainable metro providing a lasting positive impact on the environment and communities.
Openness - The willingness and ability to work co-operatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to help achieve business goals.
Trust - having confidence that colleagues will support the Alliance Principles and act with integrity and professionalism in sometimes challenging circumstances. Show a commitment to delivering on actions (i.e. do what you say you will do) and trusting others to do the same.
Challenging - The confidence to challenge decisions to ensure that the Best for Alliance is achieved. Accept challenge of ideas in the interest of achieving the best outcome.
Honesty - The ability to demonstrate open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with stakeholders, colleagues, suppliers, partners and the public. It is about being open and honest and acting consistently with the Alliance Values at all times.
To apply, for this role, please click below and you will be emailed to let you know how to continue your application.
To apply, please register with our Online Recruitment System which is quick and easy. Please provide detailed information in your application outlining your suitability for the post and ensure it is submitted by the closing date.
A CV may be uploaded for extra information, but please note that a CV alone will not be accepted.
Previous applicants please do not re-apply.