IT Security Manager
IT Security Manager Manchester £50-60,000
Subject Matter Expert for all things IT security. In charge of implementing a robust security strategy. Do this with pragmatism and common sense, to ensure business continuity and customer service excellence.
Both hands-on (with the support of an analyst) and decision maker, this role should appeal to a true IT security enthusiast. You will advise the senior management team, policy makers and IT community where any security vulnerability may exist, and how to mitigate the risks.
- Assist in defining the roadmap to achieve future strategy for IT security within the Enterprise Security Architecture
- DR disaster recovery
- Define and ensure adherence to best practice for the subject area.
- Be the ambassador for IT Security
- Manage internal IT Auditing, working with IT colleagues to detect security risks and implement suitable interventions. Ensuring that adequate security related testing and monitoring is done
- Working with 3rd party suppliers and partners, safe guarding against unreasonable risk
- With the Security Analyst, secure configuration of assets and equipment
- Contribute to the resolution of security related incidents, owning the subsequent review and remediation
- Managing security aspects of application development projects
- Assessment of potential security risks within IT and business change projects, working with the PMs and stakeholders to ensure smooth progress without unacceptable risk
- Working with IT colleagues in ITIL procedures and continuous improvement activity
Please get in touch if you would like more information / a confidential chat.
We are keen to hire the following skills / experience:
- In depth knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis and operation of related software tools, in operational and development environments.
- Experience of enterprise security design, strategy and architecture
- Enterprise scale vulnerability management and configuration solutions
- Application Vulnerability scanning
- Full systems and application development lifecycle experience
- Relevant Information Security management qualifications such as CISSP or CISM…..
- Understanding of security infrastructure components
- Able to explain complicated technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of current legal and regulatory requirements affecting projects within the retail space.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS scheme.
Key words: IS Security, CISSP, CISM, pen test, firewall, business continuity, network security, CCNP, ISO27001, MCSE, Prince2, ITIL, server, desktop, vulnerability, active directory, windows, disaster recovery, DR, forensic imaging, McAfee, Symantec, network IDS / IPS, Application Security, Cisco, Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V