UI Designer / Developer
UI Designer / Developer Manchester £40k
We are looking for a QA Team Leader near Manchester to join the market leader within the online & mobile gambling industry.
As the new UI Designer to design and develop user interfaces for a variety of existing and greenfield web-based applications, someone who has a deep understanding of general design principles (grids, typography, use of space and colour etc.)
Adopting a usability-first approach, the UI Designer / Developer will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of HTML/CSS/LESS for all aspects of web-based application UI, including layouts, models, user input, display of data and media queries.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years of experience of designing and implementing modern, compelling, and user-friendly UIs for web-based business applications
- CSS3 experience (especially Flexbox)
- HTML5 conversant
- Must be able to hand-code HTML, CSS and LESS
- Design software experience (e.g. Adobe Illustrator)
- Interest in working in the gambling / iGaming industry
The Main Job Duties:
- Take UI design lead on critical new applications, working alongside project teams to produce world-class results
- Evaluate existing applications, propose and implement improvements to the design of layouts and components (e.g. buttons, tables, inputs)
- Produce a library of common layouts and components to enable developers to build visually consistent pages, and provide users with a common usage experience throughout each application
- Supporting only modern browsers, refactor parts of existing HTML and LESS codebase, and enhance support for mobile devices
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency about this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.