To Identify, Quality check and Maintain all incoming goods in such a manner that assists the workshops staff in the assembling and testing all new company engineered compressor packages and associated equipment. To audit suppliers that they confirm the clients quality standards and business practices. To ensure non-conforming goods are identified and processed as required.
1. Ensure all incoming goods conform to the order specifications and engineering drawings. Raise reject reports and distribute.
2. Liaise with Contracts department as required.
3. Maintaining the Purchasing Departments Approved Supplier list, ensuring supplier records are current and sending out reminders on expiration of any information.
4. Will be responsible for maintaining calibration records within the central workshop and branches, and arranging the re-calibration of equipment by outside suppliers.
5. In process inspection of workshop projects.
6. Perform supplier quality audits on a regular basis.
7. Develop supplier on logistic and quality aspect according to the procedures of the client
8. Assist in general administration.
Job will involve some manual handling and some travelling locally might be required
A degree of knowledge and interest in engineering or mechanical processes.
Experience in reading technical engineering drawings
Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
Degree educated with previous experience of working within a Quality/inspection/testing role
Must be able to create technical reports and produce statistical monthly reports
Country and city description
Guidance and training on the products and reading engineering drawings will be provided as required.
Our client was established in Sweden in 1873. The operations within the UK are, for the most part, dedicated to sales and service. Our client has its UK head office in Hemel Hempstead and employs 210 people. The business objectives are to focus consistently on the customer in all areas of activity - including product development. The company is committed to the professional development of all employees, and strives to provide every possible opportunity to enhance their competence.