Lead Java Developer
CloudScope are working with a global leader of outsourced business solutions.We are looking for experience Java Developers to work within the busy Global Technology Services team in Colchester. Dedicated to Enabling growth through technology based services and driving innovation both internally and externally whilst creating value for their customer.
As the Lead Developer, will understand and analyse the needs of both internal business units and external B2B customers and design creative, pragmatic solutions, either by enhancing the existing platforms or providing custom solutions when necessary. You will spearhead a motivated team to push forward the development of a range of key strategic, enterprise scale platforms and customer-focused projects. Platforms are primarily built on a Java stack, with Oracle databases and using a variety of open source technologies
- Heading up a scrum team of developers
- Developing new software solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Good degree or Masters in Computer Science
- 10 years of experience in software development
- Experience and preference for supervisory roles within software development
- under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
- Ability to manage a team of developers and testers
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time
- Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- As much experience in the following:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement
- Relaxed dress code
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Company contributory pension plan
- Cash back health care scheme (benefit value approx. £675)
- Life assurance
- 20 days full pay sick days (after three months service)
- Salary exchange childcare vouchers
- Car salary exchange scheme
- Contact: Adam Webster
- Reference: CWJobs/cs0377