IT Infrastructure Designer
As a technical infrastructure designer you will be responsible for producing infrastructure technical designs to support the business in line with the organisations technical strategy and market developments.
The role of a technical infrastructure designer will entail you generating infrastructure designs in response to business/project requirements and contributing to developing and maintaining technical roadmaps which support the Groups strategy and deliver robust services at increased value.
You will have ownership for overall Infrastructure design aspects of projects assigned, working closely with other SMEs, Architects, Infrastructure Build, Project Management and IT Services to endure standard solutions which comply to strategy and policy.
Key Activities & Deliverables:
* Supporting the delivery of Projects
* Production of Infrastructure Designs
* Acting as an expert in the design and deployment of IT solutions
* Input into and development of Infrastructure Strategy, IT strategy, roadmaps and standards
* Defining and Monitoring consistency across all OpCos within areas of specialism, through designs which comply with group strategy and standards
* Working with domain and enterprise architects to achieve programme consistency
* Assisting project managers in creating and maintaining project plans (focused on, but not exclusively around, technical design deliverables) and technical Governance
* Carry out solution options evaluation for technical deliverables
* Advising colleagues and customers of feasibility and risks of potential solutions and support creation of project mandates
* Maintaining awareness of IT and industry trends and benchmarks
* Working with 3rd party services, delivery partners and external vendors to deliver solutions
* Developing designs balancing requirements, costs and risk.
* Peer reviewing designs, identifying opportunities for developing shared platforms and services, simplification and cost reduction
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge and experience of solution delivery in a complex environment. With demonstrable expertise in at least ONE of the below mentioned areas
-Windows Server or UNIx/Linux virtual environments
-Server Virtualisation and Virtual Desktop environments
-Storage, SAN, NAS, Backup technologies
-Security and Certificate Services
-Active Directory, Exchange, Collaboration Tools
-Application Servers (Java, .Net, Net Weaver)
* Proven Database architecture design skills for corporate systems
* Proven leadership skills to drive the future Technology Roadmap
* Involved with Technical User Groups and Database vendors on their future roadmaps
* Track record of good problem solving skills
* Experience of the development and support of large corporate systems
* Good communications skills
* Knowledge of database management systems, their capabilities and potential advances
* In depth exposure to Oracle as a platform including but not limited to RAC, OEM etc.
If you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at michael.coe (at) networkerstechnology.com or call Mike on !