Software Engineer X4
Software Engineer (X4) London £45K
Mid-Level and Senior Software Engineers required (35-38K & £43-45K)
As a Software Engineer, you will become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. You will join a hugely successful gaming business in London developing for sportsbook products and applications across Python/C#.
Your role as a Software Engineer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ.
Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of our Sportsbook product and applications.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
Must have experience:
- 2+ years' professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#).
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.