Senior IT Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Legal IT
Senior IT Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Legal IT, Professional Services, London
To provide project management and business analysis skills to the firm to identify, drive and deliver various projects and change initiatives. The business continues to grow and transform in terms of internal operations and improving delivery of legal services to clients. The role requires active management of the programme of change to ensure relevant stakeholders are identified and involved and their expectations met. There is also a key requirement for analysis and evaluation of opportunities for IT to help the business, and to ensure these are prioritised and coordinated to deliver the business benefits. The role also includes contributing to the increased efficiency and quality of IT and working practices of the business as a whole by identifying issues that could be resolved or opportunities that could have a positive impact on the business’s strategic objectives.
- Manage projects end to end, from requirements gathering, contract negotiation, development and testing through to implementation and handover to operational teams
- Define and promote an approach to project management for the business together with relevant documentation and processes.
- Lead and direct project teams (some members of which may be remote) to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Manage various stakeholders and resources involved in projects and change initiatives with a focus on benefits realisation.
- Apply a mix of relevant management skills and approaches to deliver multiple projects and initiatives across the firm.
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to others within the firm who may be charged with delivering projects within the business to help them deliver the benefits.
- Create and manage project plans and documentation and define and manage project budgets
- For projects outside of IT provide BA/PM resource as required to help the project realise the proposed benefits.
- Monitor and maintain project/portfolio and programme elements to identify progress and issues, prioritise items and produce and present update reports for delivery to the Managing Partners and leadership teams of the firm.
- Conduct research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers
- Manage, monitor and motivate cross-functional and/or international project teams regarding business analysis processes
- Maintaining and building relationships with key suppliers to the firm in terms of software and services so they understand business needs and can respond accordingly.
- Apply industry standard tools and techniques to develop and support existing practices across the business and carry out analysis and development for new processes and practices as required.
- Evaluate new systems and solutions coming to market to understand potential benefits to the business.
- Work with the IT development and other support teams as well as suppliers and third parties to define systems and solutions to address business issues.
- Lead and facilitate project and change meetings and take an active role in the Change Advisory Board.
- Create and proactively maintain links with the business to communicate clearly, listen to needs and present advice or instructions.
- Create, maintain and promote templates and other resources relating to BA tools and the project methodology which can be shared with others.
- Actively promote the use of Business Case and associated project definition documents to help get ideas and projects off to a strong start throughout the business.
- Be a team player and help generate enthusiasm across IT team members and facilitate effective team communications and awareness.
- Maintain awareness of the firm's goals and strategy, legal market influences and the commercial environment in general.
- Seek to extend internal and external networks.
- Consider and create opportunities for strategic change initiatives, for example, based on new technologies, emerging practices and competitor activities.
Skills and experience - essential
- An eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- A proven track record of helping define and deliver change in the business.
- Display a positive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to describe and present more technical/technological aspects of solutions to non-technical people.
- Planning and prioritising work and contributions from others to meet deadlines and manage expectations.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Organised, thorough and accurate.
- Can work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong analysis and requirements gathering skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Able to liaise and build relationships with members of staff at all levels.
- An eye for good working practices and how to promote these.
- Actively share information, knowledge and opportunities with others.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent project management qualification required and strong examples of application of such a methodology.
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent business analysis qualification required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (2013) and Windows 8.1.
- Understanding of other core legal systems (Interwoven Worksite; Aderant Expert CMS; Carpe Diem time recording; Interaction CRM; DocsCorp solutions; SharePoint; Skype for Business; mobile technologies; MS Project 2010; MS Visio 2010 etc).
- Awareness of suitable practices around information security and how this influences IT and business operations.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.