DevOps Engineer - Trading Systems
DevOps Engineer - Trading Platform
This is a brilliant opportunity for a broad-minded technologists with diverse backgrounds including software development, network engineering and systems administration to focus on continuously improving the end-to-end resiliency and supportability of their trading systems.
Provision, configure, upgrade and manage all proprietary and Third-Party trading and back office systems;
- Manage all business impacting outages and perform root cause analysis to eliminate repeating incidents;
- Perform performance analysis and continuously optimize the environment in which our trading software is run to ensure performance exceeds business requirements;
- Eliminate repetitive tasks and improve the success rate of changes through automation;
- Design, configure and coordinate infrastructure upgrades in exchange colocation sites;
- Our London team provides support throughout the European and North American trading sessions. On-call responsibilities rotate through the team throughout the day.
You will have:
- A total of 7 or more years' experience in software development, systems administration and/or network engineering.
Experience across more than one of these areas is a strong plus;
- 3+ years programming with C++, Python, and/or Bash for a Linux environment;
- Experience with C# applications in a Windows environment is a plus;
- Experience with building instrumentation for proprietary software;
- Strong data analysis skills using common toolsets (NumPy, SciPy, R, Octave);
- Experience working within a DevOps or SRE environment a strong plus;
- Solid troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills;
- Demonstrable experience implementing a system from project initiation through production handover;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience collaborating in cross-continental teams is a strong plus;
- A proven history of continuous technical growth throughout career;
- Experience working in the trading industry is a plus, but not required.