MOT Tester (nights 4 on/off)
Interaction Recruitment is the UK's fastest growing independent recruiter with offices Nationwide. We are currently working in partnership with the UKs leading used car supermarket group CarShop, who are looking to recruit professional, enthusiastic and driven individuals to join their vibrant and growing teams.
CarShop are absolutely committed to making sure their Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Their fantastic benefits package includes:
· 22 days holiday that increases with length of service
· BUPA Private medical insurance options
· Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
· Discounted gym membership
· Life Assurance scheme
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. They put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help maintain their position as the UKs leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable them to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000+ annual retail sales, up to 5000 cars in group stock at any one time, over 500 employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
This role is critical at CarShop because all the vehicles sold in stores have come through their busy, state-of-the-art preparation centre in Leighton Buzzard. CarShop Leighton Buzzard prepared over 44,000 cars in 2016 which contributed to their significant success.
Your role is to undertake MOT's to an extremely high standard, working swiftly and efficiently to create a safe and productive environment. You will also have the opportunity be involved in training and mentoring other technicians and apprentices, depending on your skills and experience.
What you will be doing?
· Conduct servicing and repairs to many different marques of vehicle, performing diagnostic testing to identify faults
· Maintaining a safe and productive work environment
· Understanding of different warranty schemes and how these affect customers
· Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on time
· Ensuring Pre Delivery Inspections are completed notifying the customer of any advisory
· Follow assignments through to completion, meets deadlines and deliver on promises
What we expect from you
· Essential to hold a full UK/EU Driving Licence
· Own a stocked tool box and basic servicing items with being able to use these for work purposes
· Experienced in communicating effectively with customers, in a clear and concise manner
· Experienced as a Vehicle Technician
· Relevant City and Guilds qualification - desirable
If you have the above skills and experience and can commit to the working hours and a challenging working environment we would like to hear from you. To apply please submit your CV. Thank you for your consideration.