Data Migration Specialist SQL Finance
I am currently shortlisting for an exciting Data Migration Specialist role with a leading IT solutions and services group who provide software solutions, consultancy and managed services and am keen to see if it could be of interest.
Please see below for a detailed overview of the Data Migration Specialist role.
Data Migration Specialist Role / Responsibilities:
• Liaise with consultants and project managers to establish a migration requirement and to monitor progress, this may include producing requirements documentation.
• Use and enhance SQL Scripts to extract data from legacy systems ready for migration into their product, initially under the supervision of experienced consultants and developers.
• Manage and operate the data migration process for new and existing customers. This will be undertaken remotely from our Fleet office or on-site as required by the customers.
• Although the successful candidate will be working alongside software developers, this is not primarily software development nor is it expected to become such.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Experience of writing and using SQL, particularly Transact-SQL
• Experience in the design and/or low-level use of relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience with analysing unknown data
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Trust or Fund administration systems or Financial systems
• Experience in the Trust or Fund administration sector
• Experience in data migration
• Understanding how to analyse and optimise operations on Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience of writing reports against data in Microsoft SQL Server. Non-technical experience
• Understanding of the importance of discretion in handling customer data.
Salary: up to £35,000 + benefits.
Location:Basingstoke which is commutable by road & rail.
Contact: Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers