Accountant / Office Manager
Verde Coffee is an established brand of coffee, roasted in the UK. We have exclusive distributorship of one of the world’s major espresso machine brands and have a diverse customer base across the UK. We have a small team based in an office just outside of Cardiff.
The successful candidate will be well organised, efficient and effective, will have a friendly outlook and be capable of clear communication with customers and team members.
We are looking for someone with good experience, who is now looking to progress to the next stage. To be considered, you must have proven experience gained from working in accounts, preferably in a small business environment.
As a member of the team, customer service will always come first to you. You will need to take the time to talk to people, so it's essential that you have good communication skills, a friendly and professional telephone manner and a positive and relaxed nature. We are looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a can-do mentality, who can work independently and on their own initiative.
The list does not cover the full scope of tasks and responsibilities of the Accountant / Office Manager, but serves to illustrate some of the key areas of responsibility:
- Manage an office of three people with basic HR responsibilities such as supervising staff, holiday management and recruitment coordination.
- Implement financial procedures in line with organisational requirements, including being proactive in suggesting improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Day to day management and accounting of all receipts and payments, including banking duties and control of cash/petty cash.
- Monitoring and managing of customer accounts, including effective and efficient credit control and risk management.
- Collate, authorise and pay workforce expense claims monthly.
- Support the Managing Director in the preparation of end of year annual accounts and liaising with external accountants.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.