Flood Risk Management Officer
Your new company
Southampton City Council are seeking a Flood Risk Management Officer to join their Emergency Planning team.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the multi-disciplinary Emergency Planning team working in a role with a focus on flood risk management. The purpose of the role is to help deliver the Council's duties and responsibilities as a Lead Local Flood Authority, as well as wider flood risk management projects. You will support the flood risk management activities in the following areas:
- To be a professional adviser on hydrology and surface water drainage issues to contribute towards development and implementation of the Council's statutory role as a Lead Local Flood Authority.
- To help the team to deliver a strategic approach to flood risk management, both internal and external to the Council.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of flood risk management schemes that will reduce flood risk within the city.
- To assist with development of appropriate policies, strategies and guidance relating to flood risk management in the city.
- To help the team to carry out any statutory responsibilities, duties and obligations identified in relevant legislation relating to flood risk management.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will hold a degree and/or postgraduate qualification in a relevant engineering discipline with at least two years professional experience within the field. You will be a self-starter capable of managing your own workload and prioritising work appropriately, as well as working within a team. The applicant must have confidence in dealing with the public, and be capable of communicating complex technical matters clearly. You must be computer literate with experience of using spreadsheets and databases. Knowledge of and ability to use GIS software is essential.
What you'll get in return
This is a challenging and fulfilling role combined with the opportunity to work for Southampton City Council.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Or apply directly to the Council on the below link as an Application Form will need to be completed.