Web Developer - Circa 45K plus bens
My client, a renowned professional membership / education organisation, with lovely offices based in Central London seek a Web Developer.
The main purpose of this role is the responsibility for the web development function of the business.
Duties will include;
- Propose, discuss and agree with the Head of IT and IT Project Manager the overall application development and integration plan, and to ensure its efficient implementation, and review.
- Develop application use and security policies, in conjunction with the Head of IT and IT Project Manager, and ensure necessary controls are in place,
- Propose the selection and development of software and web applications, and the implementation process in-line with the overall IT Strategy, for discussion with the Head of IT and IT Project Manager.
- Plan, support and deliver the project management of application development, integration, migration, and upgrades as required by the Head of IT and IT Project Manager.
Web Development and Design
Design, build, enhance, and maintain the organisations websites and web applications, including:
- Improvement and modernisation of the websites and web applications for usability providing improved user experience
- Ensure the websites adhere to modern methodologies in web design and development such as responsive and mobile friendly design
- Provide documentation and training for new sites and applications implemented
Participate in needs analysis and future development proposals, including
- Evaluation of websites and applications, and make recommendation for new solutions and improvements to existing solutions
Apply an up to date market knowledge and careful study of emerging trends within web and application developments, in order to resolve business issues and propose ideas to meet needs including:
- Engaging with counterparts at similar organisations to ensure knowledge and ideas of benefit are brought into the organisation
- Reviewing and implementing site content optimisation and integration with social media platforms
Maintain a high standard of professional working relationships with all staff as indicated by stakeholder feedback, user satisfaction targets and end user project support.
- Participate in and lead meetings with colleagues for discussions that involve web developments, content loading software and necessary developments,helping them to understand the potential of current systems or proposing systems enhancements or changes so as to ensure IT delivers a solution that meets their actual needs.
Provide web development and CMS administration support to close partners as and when required.
System and Data Architecture
Develop a long-term road map for web development, in conjunction with the IT Project Manager
- Demonstrate shared ownership for the long-term website development and maintenance plan and its implementation
- Maintain a robust integration architecture with the CRM system and other custom or 3rd party applications and the public websites, in conjunction with the IT Project Manager
Apply a good understanding of integrated websites
- Apply up to date knowledge of the CRM system and its integration with the website and other applications
- Maintain the components of web integration architecture, in conjunction with the IT Project Manager
- Keep a configuration log of all the websites and maintain a change log for any modifications to the architecture
The ideal candidate will have;
- Minimum of 5 years’ commercial experience in a web development function
- Involvement in full life cycle of web development projects
- .NET technologies, VB & C#, MVC
- HTML, CSS, SQL, XML
- W3C accessibility standards
- Responsive and mobile development
- CMS development