Assistant Branch Manager- Builders Merchant
Our reputable and successful trade based client is seeking a Assistant Branch Manager to join their Uckfield Branch.
The Assistant Branch Manager will be supporting the Branch Manager to maximise profitability and helping to achieve set objectives of the business and running smoothly. The job holder should be able to build great customer relationships and lead an effective team.
Part of the role will include supporting, developing and managing the team and promoting the services and products on offer.
Also, involved in ensuring the branch operates in a professional safe manner whilst achieving all key branch targets.
The Assistant Branch Managerwill be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Achievement of branch budgeted targets
- Support the branch in controlling stock levels, ensuring core ranges are readily available.
- Ensure customer service is delivered to a consistently high standard.
- Maintain Company standards without the branch
- Leading, motivating the branch team and troubleshooting where problems occur
- Co-ordinate promotional activity
- Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and staff training are carried out as required by Company Policy
- Up to date knowledge of products, technology and regulations are maintained
- Assisting the manager of the branch in the daily operations of the business
- Assuming managerial duties when the manager is not available
? Participates in hiring and training employees
Education/Qualifications/Experience: Must have a good level of education e.g. relevant qualifications, Degree, Diploma. HND, City & Guilds, NVQ, and/or equivalent qualification as appropriate for the role.
- Commercially minded. Experience of delivering results
- Product knowledge
- Customer Focused
- Stock Management skills
- Good communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- Team Building skills
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- PC Literate
- Driving Licence
Hours Mon-Fri 0730-1700
And every other Saturday 0800-1300
Great opportunity to join excellent employer
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy