My client, a leading Business Intelligence consultancy is looking for an experienced Teradata Consultant to join the team on a permanent basis.
You will be based initially from Edinburgh, however as this is a consultancy role you will spend most of your time on client sites across the central belt of Scotland mainly.
Ideally you will have experience of working within the Financial Services industry however they will consider other sectors.
Essential skills include:
- Good knowledge of Teradata Architecture (Teradata 12 or above)
- Physical database design, including primary indexes, join indexes, views, security, secondary indexes, PPI, Referential Integrity and data skew
- Understanding of normalization and de-normalization concept, Inmon approach,3NF, LDM
- Teradata SQL
- Teradata utilities (BTEQ, Fast Load, MultiLoad, FastExport,Tpump, TPT)
- SQL Assistant
- Perform Unit Testing and performance testing for large volume of data
- Certification in Teradata and Teradata SQL
- Data warehousing experience
- Cross Platform Data querying
- Client Liaison & Stakeholder Management
- Project management
- Technical Leadership
- Financial Sector Experience
- Team building & Team Leading
It is preferred that you will have some experience with other ETL and Business Intelligence tools eg. PL/SQL, SQL Server, Business Objects, SAS, Qlikview.
Search Consultancy is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.