Head of Compliance Advisory
Our client is a well-regarded financial services business who are recruiting for a Head of Compliance Advisory. The role is responsible for leading the businesses Compliance Advisory Team providing regulatory consultancy to other areas of the business.
- Develop and maintain Compliance policy and strategy for the Insurance and Consumer Credit businesses.
- Provide regulatory 'consultancy’ and assurance to senior management enabling them to understand regulatory requirements and manage regulatory risk by translating regulatory requirements into everyday language which gains the buy in of stakeholders whilst meeting the required outcome.
- Provide compliance consultancy to the directly authorised retail entities within the Group to help them understand their regulatory responsibilities.
- Oversee all regulatory reporting, and support the Head of Conduct, Compliance & Financial crime in providing timely responses to regulatory requests.
- Own and oversee the current framework for management of conduct and compliance risk and implement, oversee and deliver the roll-out of the businesses’ conduct and compliance risk policies and supporting policy standards in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Work closely with colleagues to promote and develop the firms’ risk based culture and enable risk based decision making within the regulatory framework and in line with agreed risk appetite. Ensure that the requirements are communicated and understood and assurance information is gathered to demonstrate policy adherence.
- Lead and manage the work of the compliance advisory team to ensure that business as usual activity is appropriately resourced and supported and that there are appropriate levels of engagement and oversight of the Business Transformation Programme.
- Provide expert regulatory advice and support to regulated entities, including the management and oversight of regulatory change and product diversification.
- Manage the Compliance Team, agreeing objectives with the businesses Head of Conduct, Compliance & Financial Crime and oversees the performance of the team against those objectives.
- Provide expert technical and regulatory support to the Executive team (including Committees and Forums) to enable it to achieve its strategic aims within the confines of the regulatory framework by making future facing recommendations and decisions.
- Strong regulatory and commercial skills with the ability to combine both in providing creative but compliant solutions
- Experience within a regulated environment
- Knowledge of UK Corporate Governance code
- Degree level education
- Policy compliance oversight experience