Senior Development Chef
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a creative and innovative Senior Development Chef to work for a forward-thinking, leading Foodservice company in the Manchester area. Our client is a family run business who have grown from strength to strength, boasting a multimillion pound turnover.
This is an amazing chance to be part of an innovative "world food" product development team, creating fresh product ranges. A senior post, retail or foodservice experience is essential. You will have an understanding of world cuisine, be very creative with strong relationship building and presentation skills.
The ideally candidate will have a proven, inspiring Chef career along with a min of 2 years as a Development Chef.
· Establish a position as the "culinary expert" with in the business and with external customers
· Champions the delivery of quality NPD and EPD using strong leadership and influencing skills to gain buy internally and externally.
· Works closely with marketing to introduce a calendar of trends based deliverable propositions to engage the foodservice market.
· Present clearly and persuasively in customer presentations / food shows establishing both personal and business culinary credentials. .
· Champion customer relationships, setting the standard of what good looks like engaging customers and driving the company’s reputation.
· Works closely with the Foodservice controller to maintain a structured calendar of customer engagement.
· Maintains in depth knowledge of the foodservice market, customer profiles, brands, quality aspirations and strategic plans.
· Maintain a personal understanding of the market forces, understanding competitor capabilities in order to help deliver a pipeline of strategic innovation for both Authentic and our customers.
· Developing direct reports to utilise and optimise talents while ensuring support and training is given where necessary.
· Work closely with the NPD technologist team to ensure innovation is developed in a structured and deliverable way.
· Ensure adherence to TAFC’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and ensure awareness by self, staff, colleagues and visitors at all times
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Proven experience as an innovative development chef
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Experienced presentation skills
This role is based in the Manchester area - Our client is offering a salary of £40K+ depending on experience, 10 percent bonus, 25 plus birthday holiday, life cover and 5percent pension.
Please contact Louisa Ellis for further information