Java Developer/Software Engineer
Java Developer / Software Engineer
Our client is a market leading enterprise Middleware Company seeking passionate, hands-on, Java developers to join their growing development team in Oxford, UK. If you are a confident Java developer with a solid understanding of software engineering this is the perfect opportunity to join a flexible and dynamic environment.
As a Java Developer/Engineer you will utilise Java 8, Hibernate, and other technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions to their blue chip customers.
You will use agile development methodologies and Continuous Integration techniques to introduce constant process improvement.
The working environment and methodology is flexible while relying on personal responsibility of team members to complete tasks in a timely fashion and to the highest professional standards.
- At least 2 years of core Java.
- Object oriented methodologies and concepts.
- Design Patterns.
- Client/Server experience (Servlets, JSP, JSF, Web services )
- Knowledge of web technologies and protocols (HTTP, HTML, JS etc.)
- Hands-on approach and willingness to learn.
- Develop software in a distributed environment
- Analyse and review code for technical accuracy, standards and functional compliance to the design
- Contribute in the investigation and to help resolve customer support issues
- Formation of practical specifications and design documents for software enhancements
- Work to tight deadlines in relation to product release timelines
- Reliably complete assigned tasks in required time frames
- Work from home some of the time is possible.
- 25 days' vacation.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Informal environment.