Our client, a leader within the supply of precious metals to the aerospace and automotive industry, currently has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Quality Manager.
It will be your responsibility to identify and continually review “best practice” in business systems and processes and, where required, assists in its implementation.
- Manage the Quality Management System in line with our ISO 9000 / AS9100 requirements.
- Maintain all documentation required in the running of the Quality Management System.
- Ensure that audits are completed to agreed timetables.
- Ensure that all non-conformances are cleared and preventative measures implemented.
- Ensure a good understanding of 8D, 5 WHY’s and all other NCR formats.
- Maintain the Group’s BSI registration/ Gain new approvals.
- Maintain and develop the Company’s overall Quality Manual.
- Look for opportunities to expand our approval portfolio.
- Monitor Companies adherence to Customer Quality Requirements
- Carry out CEO against specific customer orders
- Spot check goods inwards compliance and provide help and training where necessary.
- Liaise between Operations and the Sales Department to help identify and then introduce improved business systems with the minimum of disruption.
- Provide assistance to all departments in meeting our registration requirement.
- Manage and drive through new approvals as and when required by the business.
- Monitor by spot check all departments adherence to quality systems
- Quality Management experience is essential
- Experience of working with metallurgy or metals is preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 is essential, knowledge of AS9100 is preferred
Based near Chesterfield, with easy access from major cities such as Sheffield, Barnsley and Nottingham.