SOC Security Analyst
Job Title: SOC Security Analyst
Salary: £30K to £40K (Dependant on exp) + 5% Flex benefit
About this job
We are offering a genuine career opportunity on a large IT Estate for SOC Security Analyst with strong Server / MS Windows administration experience to join our Security Incident and Event Management arena! You will be joining the technical and security focused Security Services team as an IT Security Analyst, delivering real time proactive monitoring and response to Security Threats, Incidents and Alerts. Holding Current DV clearance is a bonus although we will consider candidates eligible for SC who are prepared to go through and are eligible for DV Clearance.
- Manage and respond to security incidents on site.
- Assisting to enforce the compliance function through manual content checking activities of email gateways.
- Core MS Windows administration skills (MCSA/MCSE or CompTIA)
- Previously held a server support role, in a secure environment
- Good understanding of a range of protocols and topologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, X400, HTTP)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Foundation certificate or experience working in ITIL environments)
- Willingness and ability to be DV Cleared
Knowledge of MoD, CESG and other mandated government IT legislation
Knowledge of SQL Queries or programming experience
Experience of security monitoring toolsets e.g. Huntsman/ArcSight
Good networking experience and expertise (CCNA or equivalent)
Any relevant security certification. (CISMP, Sec+, etc)
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.