Financial Controller/ Finance Manager - Property & Hotels - Palmers Green N13
Financial Controller/ Finance Manager - Property & Hotels - North London
Location Headquarters: Palmers Green N13
Stone Lodge Group
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a medium size family ran organisation who are leading providers within their fields and who offer excellent career progression.
The SLG has been established for over 20 years and cover areas including: property developments, social housing, facilities management, offices & school refurbishments, lettings, hotels and B&B operations.
To support our expansion we are looking to fill a number of office based roles and have an immediate requirement for a Financial Controller/ Finance Manager.
- Accurate and up-to-date maintenance of the Purchase Ledger function to include invoice and order processing, making payments to suppliers
- Responsibility of the debtors’ collection process
- Preparation and authorisation supplier payments
- Preparation of detailed cash flow forecast
- Assist in the production of the management accounts and the reporting of variances to Finance Director
- Coding and processing invoices promptly and accurately ensuring purchase orders are matched along with proof of delivery notes.
- Managing of the purchase order process ensuring that procedure is followed at all times
- Organisation of invoices for sign off approval
- Responsible for the prompt calculation and posting of employee expenses/credit cards
- Reconciliation of supplier’s accounts on a monthly basis
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve account queries
- Responsible for preparation of payment schedule for suppliers and processing of payments using preferred payment methods
- Being aware of the terms offered by suppliers and raise any opportunity for settlement discounts
- Timely and accurate processing of cheques/BACS - ensuring all payments are signed in accordance with the mandate
- Orderly filing of purchase ledger documentation invoices, statements, correspondence etc
- Ensure the coding and processing of sales invoices is carried out on a timely basis
- Take control of the management of debtor collection and manage JF (and others) accordingly
- Keep complete audit trails of conversations with outstanding debtors
- Flag any overdue or problematic debtors to AT
- Liaise with AT prior to sending out any 7 day letters and any subsequent legal notification
MONTH END/ YEAR END PROCEDURES
- Responsible for month-end adjustment to include deferred and accrued income as well as accruals and prepayments
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure the fixed asset register is kept up to date/ calculation of depreciation
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Discussion of variances against budget with AT
- Provide budget to actual information to the department managers
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date the detailed cash flow forecast
- Ensure that all sales invoices and purchases are captured on the cash flow
- Discuss the debtors collection to ensure planning of receipts are as expected
- Process of quarterly VAT returns
- Process of the monthly payroll and dealing with queries from government bodies
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm or 9am - 6pm
• Excellent communication skills.
• Stable career history.
• Previous property accounts experience.
• Good telephone manner.
• Able to act professionally at all times.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must be computer literate.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• 3 x excellent references.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive;
- Competitive salary
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Paid overtime available
- An excellent team to work with
This is an outstanding role, where the Managing Director and the Management Team play a key role in your development within the organisation.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role and you have the drive and ambition to excel within the SLG please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your applications.
Key Words: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Accounts Manager, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Accountant, Property, Property Financial Controller, Property Finance Manager, Property Finance Assistant, Property Accounts Manager, Property Accountant, Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger